The park was constructed in 1913. Abundantly planted with trees and flowers, it is an elegant park with scenes of the creek and little bridges. The Beitou creek goes through the whole park, from east to west, making the place an important landscape in the Beitou area. Hot spring hotels have been built alongside the Beitou creek that the park itself has become a backyard garden for the groups of hotels.
Beitou Library (Green Building)
Built differently with traditional construction, the Beitou Library was designed as a “Green Building Library.”It is constructed mainly by woods, and little steel and cement are used. It is a big treehouse in the park. Readers can enjoy viewing mountainous scenery and relaxing breeze while they are reading.
Beitou Creek & Hokutolite
Beitou Creek traverses through the park. At several places, little waterfalls have been formed due to riverbed high-low variations. Hokutolite was found under such natural conditions. It was the first stone named by a place name, Beitou. It is a kind of mine with radioactivity of radium.
Long Nai Tang (Takinoyu)
Long Nai Tang is a bathhouse with a long history, more than 100 years. It has been famous for its cheap entry fee. The source of hot spring is Thermal Valley, an origin of green sulfur hot spring. Bathtubs were made of Chilian Rock. It is a bathhouse worth enjoying a soak.
The building was constructed in 1916 under sponsorship by railway staffers and community people. It looks with Japanese taste in simplicity and nobility. A Buddha has been worshiped there to protect the hot spring industry at Beitou.
It was exploited in 1911, a source of green sulfur hot spring. Visitors used to boil eggs there, making its name “A hell for boiling eggs.”It has been under management by Taipei Water Department for years. Landscape, pipes system, reservoir, trails with handrails, pavilions, etc, have been well constructed. The misty phenomenon year-round has created a fantastic atmosphere there.
Beitou Hot Spring Museum
Its original name was “Beitou Public Bathhouse,” built in 1913 with the same style of the bathhouse at Izushan in Japan. It was constructed with a combination of English and Japanese styles. The materials used were bricks, woods, black tiles, etc. Visitors are requested to put on museum slippers when they enter. They can enjoy the relaxing feeling by imaging the elegant and classic taste created by the Roman-style bath pool and its big tatami hall.
Plum Garden was established in 1930 by a rich Japanese. Its elegant outlook with delicate layout inside has shown a house in a typical Japanese mood. Yu Yo Ren started to lodge in this place for getting away from hot weather, being lobbied, social activities. At the entry gate, the name “Plum Garden” was written by himself for memory, he was a famous calligrapher.
Xinbeitou Historic Station
In order to facilitate people to come to Beitou Hot Springs, in 1916, the Ministry of Railways of Japan’s Governor’s Office spent 2 million yen to open the Xinbeitou Bathing Line. The short-distance 1.2km Xinbeitou train branch line was once used by diesel vehicles. It only ran a carriage to come and go between Beitou and Xinbeitou. The Taiwanese cypress was used to build the station in western style. Its roof was copper tile equipped with three dormers (bulls-eye windows). The Xinbeitou train branch line was taken place by the Taipei MRT 1997. The train station disappeared. On April 1, 2017, she returned to Xinbeitou, after various hardships.
下一則： BEITOU HOT SPRING MUSEUM By Shirley
- 1樓. firstname.lastname@example.org/07/21 09:45請問不動明王石窟的英譯