- 3樓.2008/02/06 16:13More on the roast chicken
Also, DO NOT cut the chicken! Just leave it alone! no wonder you had a dry chicken leg!
Reasons that it's dry:
1. you pan-roast it for too long.
2. you cut it after you already started pan-roasting it.! Of course, the juices would run out of chicken, and that definitely left you a very dry chicken!
If you insist on doing the work on stove top, either get a thiner piece of meat, or just brown the chicken (like you did, first used the high heat, brown up both sides), then put the chicken back to oven, and finish the rest of the work inside the oven! Remember, dont roast it too long, or you will get another dry chicken!
Just try the methods that I just told you, I'm pretty sure you would have very juicy, crispy skin, well-flavored, and perfectly done chicken!
Juicy (because the marinate, and the control of tempture and time in oven)
crispy (again the temp of the oven)
Well flavored (marinate it at least overnight)
我以為這可以縮短它熟透的時間~~Rose ~亮~ ♡ 於 2008/02/17 00:32回覆
- 2樓.2008/02/06 16:02How to roast a chicken! hope it helps!
Ok. I think I know where the problem is...
I see that you put the whole rosemary on Top of the chicken, of course, the flavor of rosemary wouldnt go INTO the chicken! Also, the most important step you should do is, CHOP UP the rosemary before you marinate the chicken...
1. Chop up rosemary=> release the OIL from rosemary, you'd know it's VERY VERY PUNGENT!
2. First, Marinate rosemary, garlic, sea salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, etc.. let all the oil and flavors mix together first.. let it sit for a while
3. Then, use your hand, RUB the herb/oil mixture INTO the chicken, include the part UNDERNEATH the skin! If you use the entire chicken, rub thorougly inside and out and of course also the parts between skin and meat!
4. put in the refrigerator overnight.
5. dont rinse the herb/oil off, just put the entire thing into the oven, set very high temp first, to seal in the juices, then turn down the heat, slowly roast it till it's done! Normally 15 min/lb of chicken.
* you can also try it on beef, work pretty well too!
Chop up rosemary
牛肉也可以如法炮製?謝謝告知,下次我再來試試^^Rose ~亮~ ♡ 於 2008/02/17 00:17回覆
- 1樓. 美食+美景+紐西蘭美女2008/02/06 04:23Hi
謝謝^^ Rose ~亮~ ♡ 於 2008/02/17 00:21回覆