Key to Exercise 6, The New Pali Course (Part I)
Translate into English
1. Munayo mañcesu nisīdiṃsu.
The monks sat on the beds.
2. Ahaṃ dīpamhi acariṃ.
I traveled/walked on the island.
3. Corā gahapatino nidhiṃ coresuṃ.
The thieves stole the householder’s hidden treasure.
4. Mayaṃ bhūpatino asiṃ olokayimha.
We looked at the king’s sword.
5. Tvaṃ atithino odanaṃ adado.
You [sg.] gave boiled rice to the guest.
6. Adhipati vāṇijamhā maṇayo kiṇi.
The leader bought the gems from the merchant.
7. Pati kassakaṃ vīhiṃ yāci.
The husband begged the farmer for paddy.
8. Isayo kavīnaṃ dhammaṃ desesuṃ.
The sages preached the doctrine to the poets.
9. Kapayo girimhā rukkhaṃ dhāviṃsu.
The monkeys ran from the mountain to the tree.
10. Vāṇijā udadhimhi gacchiṃsu.
The merchants went on the ocean.
11. Mayaṃ maggena gāmaṃ gacchimha.
We went to the village by the road.
12. Dīpi kapiṃ māresi.
The leopard killed the monkey.
13. Tumhe patino padīpe gaṇhittha.
You took the lamps to the master/husband.
You took the master’s/husband’s lamps.
14. Ahaṃ Buddhassa pāde pūjesiṃ.
I paid homage at the Buddha’s foot.
I honored the Buddha’s feet.
15. Kavayo kapīnaṃ odanaṃ dadiṃsu.
The poets gave boiled rice to the monkeys.
16. Arayo asī ānesuṃ.
The enemies brought swords.
17. Ahi kapino pāṇiṃ ḍasi.
The serpent bit the monkey’s hand.
18. Mayaṃ girimhā candaṃ passimha.
We saw the moon from the mountain.
19. Tumhe munīnaṃ āhāraṃ adadittha.
You gave food to the monks.
20. Bhūpati nidhayo pālesi.
The king protected the hidden treasures.
Translate into Pali
1. The slave struck the enemy with a sword.
Dāso asinā ariṃ pahari.
2. We got food from the householder.
Mayaṃ gahapatimhā āhāraṃ labhimha.
3. He carried a monkey to the mountain.
So giriṃ kapiṃ hari.
4. The merchants went to the village by the road.
Vāṇijā maggena gāmaṃ gacchiṃsu.
5. Birds flew to the sky from the tree.
Sakuṇā rukkhamhā ākāsaṃ uḍḍesuṃ.
6. The thieves stole the gems of the king.
Corā bhūpatino maṇayo coresuṃ.
7. I gave food to the sages.
Ahaṃ isīnaṃ āhāraṃ adadiṃ.
8. The sons of the poet heard the doctrine from the monk.
Kavino puttā munimhā dhammaṃ suṇiṃsu.
9. I saw the leopard on the road.
Ahaṃ magge dīpiṃ passiṃ.
10. The lion killed the deer on the rock.
Sīho pāsāṇamhi migaṃ māresi.
11. They saw the mountain on the island.
Te dīpamhi giriṃ passiṃsu.
12. The boy went to the sea.
Kumāro udadhiṃ gacchi.
13. The dogs ran to the village.
Sunakhā gāmaṃ dhāviṃsu.
14. The merchant bought a horse from the leader.
Vāṇijo adhipatinā assaṃ kiṇi.
15. The guest brought a gem in (his) fist.
Atithi muṭṭhimhi maṇiṃ āhari.
16. The monkey caught the serpent by (its) belly.
Kapi kucchinā ahiṃ gaṇhi.
17. The householder slept on a bed.
Gahapati mañcamhi sayi.
18. We dwelt in an island.
Mayaṃ dīpamhi vasimha.
19. The boy struck the monkey with (his) hands.
Kumāro pāṇībhi /hatthebhi kapiṃ pahari.
20. I saw the king's sword.
Ahaṃ bhūpatino /bhūpālassa asiṃ passiṃ.
下一則： Key to Exercise 5, The New Pali Course (Part I)