Respond to: http://classic-blog.udn.com/jchen50/151712774
I am so disgusted by this hypocrisy. This article is full of illogical arguments. All you did is to mix in some true statements in between to misguide the readers. No wonder critical thinkers would look down on evangelicals like you and this so called "HY".
The statement bears truth: 在美國的民主體制中，即使是總統，作為行政領袖，也不過是公僕.
Illogical argument: 不把Trump看成是維護基督教價值觀的拯救者又認為Trump的當選，是美國基督徒回歸信仰，重拾真理的結果. 這句話完全前後矛盾,
God never asked truly separation of church and state. Separation of church and state is specified in the First Amendment adopted in 1791. The establishment clause applied only to the federal government, prohibiting the federal government from any involvement in religion.
This is your own misunderstanding/misinterpretation: The establishment clause separates church from state. However, it does not prohibit separating religion from politics or public life. Individual citizens are free to bring their religious convictions into the public arena. But the government is prohibited from favoring one religious view over another or even favoring religion over non-religion.
4. Johnson Amendment: It is true that section 501(c)3 of the U.S. tax code grants tax-exempt status to nonprofit groups such as charities, universities and religious organizations. But these tax-exempt groups are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. So the scope of the amendment is very narrow. It is about political campaign on behalf of candidate for elective public office. Not about discussing public affairs.
It is not true the amendment prohibits discussion of public affaires. The statement made by HY "使教會在一些違背聖經原則的公共事務（例如墮胎、同性戀、安樂死）上噤若寒蟬，" is puzzling. " I do not understand why you need to 噤若寒蟬. You are not prohibited to discuss all the issues even in churches.
5. "要drain the swamp, 必須要Trump這樣性格的人，所以神揀選他來完成這個使命。" This is laughable. When and what did he do exactly draining the swamp? Give me an example.
6. You talked about "基督教價值觀". Tell me which one of the divine law that tRump did not break? It is so hypocritical that you are slient about all the sins he committed.
- Thou shalt not kill (how many people got killed from covid due to his incompetency?).
- Thou shalt not commit adultery (how many porn starts did he sleep with while still married?)
- Thou shalt not steal (he did not pay taxes-he stole from the public)
- Thou shalt not bear false witness (HE LIES! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veracity_of_statements_by_Donald_Trump)
- Thou shalt not covet (he is greedy; he said so himself).
I am a Christian. I attend sertvces at All Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena. tRump does not get my vote. He is a person without moral compass. He lacks all human decency. All he does is to advance his own agenda which is money, fame, and power. VOTE HIM OUT!
The hyperlink provided in the cited article is nothing but false:
ps. It is not emotional when you say an argument is illogical especially when the fallacy is specifically pointed out, unless you misunderstand the definition of word illogical. On the other hand, calling women nasty is emotional. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasty_woman)
- 5樓. nothing special2020/11/12 05:42That blog is totally BS.
看看那篇胡言亂語的帖子，道盡為何信上帝的，如此不可思議的低智。年紀越大越不能容忍胡言. 那群人充其量 in a cult. BEVO 於 2020/11/26 22:15回覆
- 4樓. BEVO2020/10/20 10:40
What’s Gone Wrong With Evangelicals? A Series. #4 Cleaning Up Our Mess (https://www.revrobschenck.com/blog/2020/8/17/what-gone-wrong-with-evangelicals-a-series-4-cleaning-up-the-mess)
- 3樓. BEVO2020/10/20 10:32
What's Gone Wrong With Evangelicals? Error #3 Trading Our Christian Ethic (https://www.revrobschenck.com/blog/2020/8/10/whats-gone-wrong-with-evangelicals-error-3-trading-out-a-christian-ethic)
- 2樓. BEVO2020/10/20 10:30
What's Gone Wrong With Evangelicals? Error #2 Morality V. Law (https://www.revrobschenck.com/blog/2020/8/3/whats-gone-wrong-with-evangelicals-error-2-morality-v-law)
- 1樓. BEVO2020/10/20 10:28What's Gone Wrong With Evangelicals? Error #1 Bible (https://www.revrobschenck.com/blog/2020/7/29/whats-gone-wrong-with-evangelicals-error-1)